The Live Casino Games Experience
Ever since online casinos came into existence, slots have experienced a real boom. The most renowned software developers bring out new games every month. As a result, the selection is now extremely huge. But the real experience of the past years are the live casino games. Technological progress, primarily fast internet connections, have made this type of game possible. Live casinos combine the advantages of the online casino with the advantages of a land-based casino. For the customers, the offer is a pure gain in entertainment and excitement.
The classic casino table is still very popular, which is why the live casino is so well received. The market leaders in the industry offer high-quality streams. You even forget that you are playing on the internet. The real casino flair comes across and you think you are sitting at a real gaming table. At the same time, you have many practical additional functions. You can view all the rules and bets directly and choose the camera angle you like. This way you don’t miss anything in the game and can watch the croupier closely.
With our guide, we would like to summarise all the important information about live casinos. So that you can be well prepared to experience the games there yourself.
Advantages of Online Live Casinos
It is something special when you go to a real casino and play there. Compared to going there, online casinos have many advantages. The general advantages of online platforms and the special ones of real casinos are getting combined. If you are not sure whether you want to try a live casino, this might help you decide.
- Live casinos are available around the clock. You don’t have to follow any opening hours, but can play whenever you want.
- A dress code is no longer important, because you wear whatever you want.
- In addition, you save yourself long journeys, because you can play at home on your PC or anywhere on your smartphone.
- The croupier in front of you is a real dealer, you don’t have to get involved with a machine. You can see everything from different camera angles.
- Many games are interactive, so you can communicate with the dealer or the other players.
- There is not only one game table. Each game is available in different variations and from different providers. Therefore, you can always choose your favourite game.
- Some online casinos offer split-screen technology. This gives you the opportunity to play several games at the same time.
Live Casino Games on the Internet
You probably already know that the selection of games on the internet is always very extensive. Of course, this is not only true for slots, but also for live casino games. You can find the classic table games in a wide variety of versions. Some providers also have special functions. You can always choose the table that suits your playing habits. This means in particular that you should check which stakes fit your budget. The minimum and maximum stakes are always displayed. You don’t want to end up at a high roller table and realise in the game that the stakes exceed your limit.
We will briefly explain the main games in the Live Casino. For detailed information on the individual games, you can find individual articles in our guide. The rules and the course of the game are actually always the same and hardly differ from the Live Casino. In addition to the table games that we mention here, there are also entertainment games in the Live Casino. They are often innovative ideas of the game providers and serve as pure entertainment. They are very different from the classic games but still contain many familiar elements.
Roulette is probably the most famous casino game of all. It should not be missing in any casino as well as on the internet. You should know some terms for the game. Traditionally, French terms are often used and you should not be surprised. Roulette has many variations, but you will always find classically
- French Roulette
- European Roulette
- American Roulette
The basic rules are the same for all variations. In American Roulette one more field is added. There is a second green field for the “00”.
Gameplay in Live Roulette
First of all, the playing field always includes a large grid of numbers with all the numbers from 0-36. Arranged on the sides are the outside bets, which we will come back to later. Then there is the roulette wheel into which the ball is thrown and on which the whole numbers are highlighted in red or black.
You make your bet by placing your chips on the respective number. You can also bet on two or more numbers at the same time. In this case, however, the odds for a payout are always smaller. You can also make an outside bet. Then you have a lower risk, but also better chances of winning. As soon as the croupier shouts “rien ne vas plus”, no more bets may be placed or changed. The ball drops and stops at one of the numbers. This is the winning number and colour for the current game round. The most important thing to know is that there are two different types of bets.
- Inside bet
If you bet on a single number and get it right, you get paid 35-times your stake.
- Outside bet
These are bets where the risk is much lower. You do not bet on a single number. You bet on even or odd, black or red or on the first 12, the middle 12 or the last 12 numbers. Due to the high odds, you usually only get your stake back if you win.
Blackjack is one of the most popular games in the casino. The game that is all about 21 is one that everyone has heard of. It’s not as difficult as you might think at first. Here you combine luck and skill. The value of your cards must be as close to 21 as possible. But you must not exceed the value. You play against the bank and have to hope that your value is higher.
You can always decide for yourself whether you want to have an additional card or not. The croupier, on the other hand, must follow clear rules. With a hand between 17 and 21, he is not allowed to draw a card, but must stand. If the hand is below 17, he must always draw another card. This gives you a good chance to influence the game with strategic decisions.
To be able to count the cards yourself and to make a decision for the further course of the game, you have to know the values.
- The number cards 2 – 10 retain their shown value.
- All face cards (Jack, Queen, King) have a value of 10.
- The Ace can be counted as 1 or 11, whichever is better for you.
You can win the game round already after dealing the cards with a so-called “Blackjack”. You have an ace and another card with the value 10 in front of you. The croupier can no longer beat you. Only a draw is possible when he reveals his cards.
Live Blackjack gameplay
- You choose a Live Blackjack game of your choice.
- Then you have to place your bet. Pay attention to the minimum and maximum bet.
- All players at the table are dealt two cards face down. The dealer also deals himself two cards, one of which is dealt face up.
- You can look at your cards and decide if you want an extra card. You must remember that you cannot exceed 21. If your cards total more than 21 at the end, you lose your bet.
- You win the round because you were closer to 21 than the dealer or if the dealer exceeds 21, then you will be paid 1:1.
- If you have a Blackjack in your hand, you win immediately, unless the dealer has the same card combination. You get paid 1.5 times your bet.
- There are also some side bets that you can play. For more information, read the Blackjack Guide.
Baccarat is all about getting your cards as close to 9 as possible. It is actually not difficult to learn, you just have to follow a few rules. It is especially important to know how the card values are counted.
- Cards from 2 – 9 simply keep their face value.
- The ace has a value of 1.
- The 10, Jack, Queen and King, on the other hand, do not count at all, i.e. 0.
When you add up your cards, only a single-digit value is assumed. If your cards have a two-digit value, only the last digit is relevant. An example of this would be a 6 and an 8, resulting in 14. In the game your cards would have the value 4.
Playing Live Baccarat
In the casinos, the Punto Banco variant has generally become widespread, because here you only ever play against the bank and not against other players. Both you and the dealer are dealt two cards face up. The value then determines whether there is another card or not. If your cards already have a value of 8 or 9, then this is a so-called “natural”. You have won the game round in that case. There are fixed rules about when a third card comes into play for the player and the dealer. In our guide to Baccarat or Punto Banco you will find all the important information.
The really exciting part of this game is the betting options. You can bet against yourself. This sounds unusual at first, but you are always betting on a win.
- You can bet that the bank will win the game round.
- It is also possible to bet that you will win the round.
- In Baccarat, there is also a tie (Egalité/Tie) that you can bet on. However, this is very rare. On this the house edge is very high.
In addition to the classic main bets, there is a whole range of side bets. It is advisable to try out the standard bets first. After a while, you can also take a closer look at the side bets and bet on them.
Live Casino Hold’em Poker
Poker and especially Texas Hold’em are very popular. The card game has developed greatly over the years. Today there are even tournaments with prizes worth several million. Casino Hold’em is derived from the famous Texas Hold’em. The game is typically found in casinos and differs in that you do not play against other players but against the bank. This means that the game can be played with different numbers of players at the table.
How to play Live Casino Hold’em Poker
- First, you must open the game of your choice.
- If you want to qualify for the game round, you have to make a bet.
- You are dealt 2 cards face down in front of you. You may look at them but you may not reveal them. Your two cards must form a hand with the first three that are revealed on the table.
- You can place another bet. Therefore, it is important to know the different poker hands. Because this way you can estimate how valuable your hand can be.
- Then two more cards are added to the cards on the table.
- Once again you have the opportunity to make a bet.
- If you give up, all bets are gone. If you have the highest hand when you turn it over, you win the round.