Game selection on the Internet
Online casinos offer a wide variety of games. Slots in particular are very popular. They have changed considerably in recent years. If you still know the old nostalgic classics, you will hardly associate the new video slots with them. They are available in 3-D and with many animations that make playing even more entertaining. But table games should not be neglected either. You can play the classic table games like roulette, blackjack, baccarat and poker everywhere. Most online casinos even have a live casino. Here you have a real croupier and play just like in a real casino.
But if that’s not for you, you might like bingo and lotto games. Keno is the ideal combination of the two games. You can play Keno in the online casino and be entertained by it. It doesn’t matter whether you’re sitting at home on your PC or want to play on the go on your smartphone. On the contrary, all games are optimised in the mobile browser and you can access them easily at any time. Play when and above all where you want.
There is a huge selection of games on the internet and Keno is a great entertainment game for in-between. The game rounds are quick and you don’t have to wait for a single draw a week like you do with the lottery. We have compiled the most important information about keno for you in this guide.
Origin of Keno
There are reports that an original version of Keno originated in China. There it is said to have been introduced to bring in money for the government. Citizens were more willing to spend money if they could expect a return on it. Even the Great Wall of China is said to have been partly financed this way. There is no clear evidence for this thesis, but it is interesting.
In Europe, it was first mentioned in Portugal and first licensed there in 1847. Especially in the 19th century, people liked to gamble. In the course of time, it was sometimes forbidden and then even socially accepted. Immigrants eventually brought the game to America. There, the name Keno was introduced and the version we know today was played regularly.
Bingo was already very popular and this was a welcome addition to the offer. Especially in the land-based casinos it was played a lot. Through digitisation and the trend of online casinos, it is now also available on the internet. There is hardly an online casino that does not offer a Keno game.
Online Keno game instructions
At a reputable online casino, Keno is purely a game of chance. You don’t need a strategy because all the numbers are chosen by a random number generator. You can neither influence nor predict the numbers. There are also no patterns that you can play to increase your chances of winning. You have to rely purely on fortune and chance. But that’s what makes it so exciting. If you win, you will be even more happy. If you lose, it’s not your fault, but chance has chosen another winner. Many people are always looking for tricks for Keno, but you can save yourself the trouble. The random number generator in the online casino is safe and cannot be tricked.
You play Keno on the internet as follows:
- First, you will be shown a Keno card. This is your playing card with numbers between 1 and 80.
- You place your bet, because there is no fixed price in keno. You decide for yourself how much you want to bet. In the beginning you should use small amounts and increase them as you gain experience. Your winnings are the stake, which is then multiplied.
- You have to choose the numbers you think will be drawn. These are usually between 1 and 15 numbers. You are also free to choose how many numbers you want. Always remember that your winnings are based on the correct numbers. Sometimes it can be good if you pick fewer numbers, because 5 out of 5 correct numbers result in a higher prize, than 10 correct numbers out of 15 selected.
- There is usually an indicator that tells you how many hits you need to have in order to win. The display changes depending on how many numbers you end up selecting and playing.
- If it is too much work for you to select numbers yourself, you can also choose the quicker option and simply have the numbers displayed automatically. The random number generator will then make a selection for you. It is completely independent of the random number generator that draws the numbers. So you have neither an advantage nor a disadvantage when playing Keno.
- You then choose the number of draws you want to play with your card and selection.
- The draw starts and your hits are automatically displayed. This saves you having to search for the right numbers yourself and gives you a good overview quickly. In Keno, 20 numbers are usually selected. Either you can win with your selection or you have to hope for the next round.
- If you have a win, it depends on your bet and the number of correct numbers. The game automatically calculates your winnings and shows you what you have won based on the hits.
Playing Keno on the internet is much faster than the version in land-based casinos. In addition, you can start another game directly after a round of play. If you have already selected several draws with your play slip, the next round will be started directly afterwards.
Tips and tricks for a successful Keno game
Since Keno is a game of chance and there is no strategy, there are no tricks for playing Keno. We can only give you tips on how to get to know the game better. The better you know the game, the easier it will be to play. You can enjoy the fun and excitement of a draw more. If you don’t know what exactly is happening and what you have to do, then the entertainment value is less.
- As with all games of chance, you should only play at reputable online casinos. All the providers you will find on our site have been tested and offer you fair play.
- If you are playing Keno on the Internet for the first time, you should check whether there are demo versions available. This way you can get to know the game better and try it out without any risk. Only when you feel confident should you switch to real money mode.
- There is a selection of different Keno games in every online casino. When you choose a game, don’t just look at the design. Of course, you should have fun and it must appeal to you. But a game with a higher RTP might be more fun for you in the long run. A high RTP doesn’t mean you’ll win every time, but more of the stakes money will be paid out to all players.
- When you sign up for a new online casino, there is a welcome bonus waiting for you. Make sure that you can also use it at Keno. Then you get free credits and can play with real money. The best thing about it is that you don’t take any risk because the credit is a gift. But be aware that every bonus has bonus conditions. If you’re looking for more information, we have a Casino Bonus Guide with many helpful articles.